LADIES & GENTLEMEN, I finally have it!
I have finally narrowed down the books I want to read for this year. I know it’s not the easiest thing considering I’m a full-time student and have a job, but I have my goal and I’m determined! Plus by putting it on the internet I become permanently obligated…right?
These are all books I have heard about and have an interest in, but on pure reviews have picked my top 14 interests. Although it is based on others’ opinions I am excited to read them myself and develop my own! So duh da duh da duh! Here are my 14 books to read in 2014 (cause the year, yeah, get it?) (and in no particular order)
1) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? –Mindy Kaling I have been excited and wanting to read this one for a very long time!
2) Dark Places –Gillian Flynn I read her book, Gone Girl and it was absolutely fantastic..a must read!
3) Let’s Pretend This Never Happened –Jenny Lawson
4) How to Be Interesting -Jessica Hagy Yeahh….sounds good though!
5) The Power of Habit -Charles Duhigg One of the most looking forward to!
6) Love With a Chance of Drowning -Torre de Rouche
7) Lean In -Sheryl Sandberg
8) Daring Greatly -Brene Brown
9) Kite Runner -Khaled Hosseini A classic!
10) The Bell Jar -Sylvia Plath
11) Reconstructing Amelia -KImberly McCreight
12) Bossy Pants -Tina Fey Of course!
And of the course following two! The top two I am looking forward to and have been for quite some time, because they are written by an author I find to be absolutely incredible! Soooo….
13) The Fault in Our Stars -John Green
14) Paper Towns -John Green
There it is 🙂
Remember some quick, easy tips to successful and timely reading!
-Audio tapes will be your best friend: Anytime you’re driving/walking, cleaning the house, need some background music to studying, etc.
-Designate a reading time every day. Spend half an hour to an hour reading when you wake up or before you go to bed; maybe even skip some TV time to read it out
-When you’re stressed out or need a break, take a few moments and read 10 pages to relax
-And finally for goodness sake, READ THINGS THAT YOU’RE INTERESTED IN! In our society we read enough throughout the day of pointless information we don’t care about, so if you’re going to pile on extra, treat yourself to something you’ll enjoy.